Thursday, January 8, 2009

Facebook Now the 8th Largest Country


I remember the first day I sat on my dorm bunk bed, and signed up for a Facebook account. I was somewhat ashamed of it and when people would ask, we'd all have the same reply, " Yeah I have an account, but I don't go on it that often." Fast forward 6 year and I am now (along with everyone else) avid Facebook user. In fact, I would be more ashamed if I didn't have an account. It went from a somewhat exclusive site (where only certain universities could sign up) to a site populated by all ages- from highschoolers to parents. It's a great way of staying connected with family members and friends- that is of course until the topic of your Family Christmas dinner is the picture of you belligerently drunk on the dance floor.

But when did it get to 150 million users? That is crazy! That is roughly half the size of the population of the United States, and more than Japan which is pretty darn impressive if you ask me. Check out this article for more info. 

High five Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment